Home Page Up Your Feedback Search Links




Web Changes

This is where we'll announce the most recent additions to our web site. If you've visited us before and want to know what's changed, take a look here first.

Change for The Netherlands

Citizens service number (formerly SoFi-number)
As of January 2007 the SoFi-number will be called the Burgerservicenummer (BSN). If you intend to work in the Netherlands, you must register with the tax office (Belastingdienst). The Belastingdienst will issue you with a BSN. Please make sure that you have registered at the town hall before you go to the tax office for your BSN.
Please note that having a BSN does not automatically mean that you are permitted to work in the Netherlands! You might still need a work permit as well.
For the address of your local tax office, please look in the phonebook under 'belastingdienst' or in the Yellow Pages (Gouden Gids) or go to www.belastingdienst.nl.
Finally, as a consequence of the introduction of the Health Insurance Act from January2006, family members of a foreign employee must also have a BSN and a residence permit. The Central Tax Office information number is: 0800-0543. Alternatively you can visit www.belastingdienst.nl (Dutch site)


Home ] The Hague ] Monaco ] Newfoundland ] Milan ] Hamburg ] Tengiz ]

Send mail to webmaster@techno-gypsy.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright 2004 Techno-Gypsy
Last modified: September 25, 2007